Program Manager, Center For Environment & Society
- B.A., Philosophy, Washington College, 1984
- M.A., Psychology, Washington College, 1994
Areas Of Interest
- natural and cultural resource management
- environmental stewardship
- public access to land and water
- community heritage & development
- historic preservation
- wildlife conservation
Designing publications for College Relations from 1989-1995; directing communications for St. Andrew’s School from 1995-1997, coordinating the National Scenic Byway and Maryland Heritage Area initiatives while serving as tourism director of Kent County from 1997-2001; promoting conservation and stewardship while working for the Maine Island Trail Association as development director from 2001-2002; and helping to build and market energy-efficient homes for the people of Santiago de Chile from 2003-2004.
Community Service Highlights
- Chesapeake Fields Institute board of directors (1997-2001)
- Chestertown Optimist Club (1997-2001 and 2005-present)
- Corsica River Yacht Club (2008-present)
- Kent County Humane Society board of directors (2009-2010)
- Kent Hospice board of directors (1990-1995)
- Mid-Shore Symphony Society board of directors (1990-1995, and 2005-2007)
- Presbyterian Church of Chestertown (2010-present)
- Rock Hall Yacht Club board of directors (2006-2007)
- Unitarian Universalists of the Chester River (2005-2010)
Hiking, sailing, skiing, bicycling, gardening — any activity in the great outdoors — also reading, crossword puzzles, Sudoku and KenKen.
Favorite Travel Destinations
Gulf of Maine, Vermont, Wyoming, Patagonia, London, Paris, Aix en Provence. Where do I want to go next? Italy or Alaska.